“It takes a thousand voices to tell a single story.” Native American saying
Our first collection of The Short Story is Dead, Long Live the Short Story was published in celebration of Short Story Day and in support of Short Story Day Africa in 2012.
This year, we will be releasing our second volume. This time we’re looking for short stories from all over the world in English under the theme:
We’re looking for stories that draw inspiration from your surroundings. They can be about your country, your family, your friends, your culture, you. These stories will capture our world in its colour and diversity. This collection will be like a time capsule of our world in 2015.
- Stories must have never been published online or in print before.
- We’re looking for short stories, fiction.
- English translations of stories published in another language are welcome – please indicate if a story is a translation. List original language, publisher, author and translator.
- Writer must be above 18 years of age.
- Word count between 2000 – 6000 words
- Microsoft Word, 12 Times New Roman, double spacing or 1.15
- First page: Story Title, Author name (if a translation, include original language, publisher, author and translator), contact details (email and telephone/cellphone), country
- Start your story on the second page of the document
- Number the pages
- leave header and footer blank. your name must only appear on the first page.
- all copyright remain with the author until a story is selected and an offer is made.
- No simultaneous submissions. Do not a submit a story that has already been submitted elsewhere.
Deadline: 8 May 2015, 23:59 (South African Time)
(late submissions will be disregarded)