Black Letter Media is a full service print and digital publishing company which focuses on publishing new African storytellers who have a unique, powerful and alternative vision of Africa is looking to hire a Publisher.
- Responsible for every part of the daily publishing operations, from selecting manuscripts to managing the finances.
- Representing the company at media or industry events.
- Approve project acquisitions with Director, monitor spending, and assign job titles.
- Oversee the editorial and production as well as at the promotion and sales/distribution of online, print and digital productions (work with Poetry Potion Editor who is responsible for Poetry Potion online & print) – also includes the blogs.
- Reads, proofs and/or supervises the proofreading of materials
Experience and Education
- 2-3 years publishing experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Publishing, Literature, Business, Journalism, Communication or equivalent experience in publishing environment
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Project management abilities, a strong head for business and a knowledge of the literary and publishing industries.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Knowledge and skill in language required for editing and proofing of written material.
- Knowledge of publication technology, policies and procedures.
- Skill in organizing work and meeting deadlines.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Closing date: 21 June 2017.
Market related salary.
Please email your application to: [email protected]
Only candidates who meet the above requirements should apply. A portfolio might be required. If you have not heard from us in 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.